Internet Musicians from Norway Take the World. Americans Wonder the Secret of Success
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Tops the Global Happiness Rankings for 2017
- Norway Ranks As #10 For International Students, 2nd For Life and Career
- Norway’s Prison in The Netherlands Is In The Spotlight
- Foreign Minister of Norway Praised the Netherlands Standing against Populism
- Romeo and Juliet Takes a Modern Twist at Det Norske Teatret
According to TV2’s report, Norwegian internet musicians’ worldwide success attracts Americans’ attention. Since Norwegian DJ Kygo took the music world by storm in 2014, the international audience is more interested in electronic music from Norway.
The young internet musicians from the country have a total of hundreds of millions of views on streaming services like Spotify, Soundcloud and Youtube.
This week artist agent of Universal Music Norway, Rune Grønn travels to United States. There, he will give a lecture at New York University (NYU) on why so many Norwegian artists have found their way to the international leaderboards.
- Three of the 20 most played songs on Spotify right now were produced by Norwegians. Now wonder Americans are interested in Norwegian success, says Grønn to TV2.
The agent believes the success is because Norway is far ahead of other countries when it comes to internet use and streaming services.
- Soon other countries will understand how it’s done. And the competition gets much tougher, notes he.