More than 50 people in Norway have been infected with Covid omicron variant after a Christmas party. Oslo City Council president confirms that Oslo may have the world’s biggest outbreak of the new omicron variant.
The government is introducing measures in the Oslo area after the outbreak of the omikron virus. Among other things, there will be stricter rules for face masks and home offices, writes NRK.
– There are many indications that omikron is highly contagious. You can be infected even if you have been fully vaccinated, the outbreak in Oslo shows, Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre says during the press conference yesteday.
He then came up with regional measures that will be applied in Oslo and in municipalities around the capital.
These are the measures:
- Mandatory use of face masks where it is not possible to keep at least one meter distance in shops, malls, restaurants, public transport, indoor station areas and taxis. This does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
- Home office requirement for workplaces where it is possible without compromising important and necessary services.
- Number limits for private indoor events of up to 100 people in a public place or in rented / borrowed premises.
- Duty for restaurants and organizers to register guests in order to notify guests in case of infection.
- Requirements for table service of alcohol for restaurants and events that have a license to serve alcohol.
- Requirement that all guests have seats in restaurants that have a alcohol serving license.