Norwegian Agricultural Authority has an agreement with Nofima Food to provide additional support to companies developing and investing in organic products. The goal is to create more pressure on product development and provide consumers with a wider and more varied selection of organic foods.
Nofima will help companies in:
- Product development.
- Market research.
- Pilot production of prototypes.
- Aid to the testing of proper packaging.
- Assistance to scale-up their own business.
- Analysis and testing of the finished product.
- Optimization of prescriptions and / or process.
- Assistance in getting products to market.
The government's goal is ensure that 15 percent of food production and consumption in 2020 would be organic. Furthermore, the government spokesman stated that Norway is lagging behind other countries when it comes to availability of organic products to consumers, and they will strengthen this area.