Young Muslims in Norway to Make a Ring around Synagogue
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- 15 000 People in Norway Quit Church Membership in Four Days
- Selling Fresh Premium Mountain Air from Norway to China on eBay
- It is forbidden to die in this town in Norway
- Norway’s Labor and Centre Party Want Ban on Niqab at Schools and Foreign Funds to Mosques
- The Lion Woman (Løvekvinnen): The Biggest Norwegian Film Production After Max Manus and Kon-Tiki
The group has been created on Facebook with the name of "Fredens Ring" (The ring of Peace) and will meet on Saturday outside a synagogue in Oslo as a reaction to the recent attacks in France and Denmark.
The initiators have posted the following message on Facebook:
"Islam is to protect our brothers and sisters, regardless of which religion they belong to. Islam is to rise above hate and never sink at the same level as the haters. Islam is to defend each other. Muslims want to show that we deeply deplore all types of Jews hate, and that we are there to support them. We will therefore create a human ring around the synagogue on Saturday 21 February. Encourage everyone to come! "
Talking to TV2, a 17-year-old participant said she wants to do this as a Norwegian Muslim as she is tired of the prejudices and therefore to combat prejudices. She thinks it’s high time that Jews and Muslims unite to show solidarity.
- I think it is important that the Muslims rise up and show solidarity at a time when Jews are under attack in Europe. If someone wants to attack the synagogue, they need to step over us first, says social commentator Yousef Assidiq to TV2.