Priests Breaks the Law for Protesting Sleeping Ban in Oslo
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- US Citizen Living in Norway Arrested for Death Threats against Stephen Hawking
- Northern Norway Lacks Manpower: Need for Engineers and Skilled Workers
- Snowden Will Pay 7000 NOK to Norway
- Norway Approves Extra Fees for Diesel Cars
- 1 of 3 Norwegians Believe Brexit is the Beginning of the End for the EU
Den norske kirke press contact, Birte N. Sandum said to NTB that the ban means financial ruin for hundreds of families who are among the poorest and most discriminated against in Europe.
- I think City Council decision is part of a political tendency that legitimizes the criminalization of poverty. We want to show solidarity with those living on the streets, said Sandum.
Today, several of the priests and deacons will go to Oslo City Hall together with Roma people. There they will participate in a meeting with commissioner of the department of environment and transport, John Elvestuen.
Last week, Oslo City Council has banned sleeping in parks and sidewalks. Sleep prohibition especially affects the Roma people who usually reside on streets and parks of Oslo.
Norway and the US Strengthen Their Collaboration on Climate Change
Norway will host World Congress Against the Death Penalty
Norway has ratified the Paris Agreement
Norway Approves Extra Fees for Diesel Cars