Heroin Smoking to Be Legalized for Drug Addicts in Norway
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Danish Intelligence Chief: Norway Police Handling Terror Threat Makes Terrorist Win
- Cycling in Norway: A Real Adventure
- Norway Police Requires Passports or ID Cards for Even Norwegian and Schengen Area Citizens
- Norway Police Keeps Security Level High, Uncertainty Continues
- Norway Foreign Minister: We Must Stand for Freedom of Expression, Tolerance and Fight against Extremism
Støre’s goal is to reduce the number of overdose deaths among drug addicts using ijection method. If he gets what he wants, heroin users will be able to smoke heroin legally from next year.
- We have high overdose rates in Norway. One of the measures against this drug abuse problem is legalizing smoking heroin in place of injection, says Minister to TV 2. But he stressed that this does not mean a complete legalization of heroin.
- That is a realistic approach to those who use injection method. Smoking method is less dangerous and has low risk of infection, says Støre.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (SIRUS) there are over 10,000 drug addicts in Norway, most of them heroin users.