Heroin Smoking to Be Legalized for Drug Addicts in Norway
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Siv Jensen Promises a Far Tougher FRP against Immigration for the Next Election in Norway
- Equality and Integration Minister of Norway Makes Headlines for Her Integration Advice
- New Forecasts: Only 3550 Asylum Seekers to Norway in 2016
- 7 Year Old Sol Met Norway Prime Minister for Syrian Children
- Norwegian Cross-country Star Therese Johaug Tested Positive for Doping
Støre’s goal is to reduce the number of overdose deaths among drug addicts using ijection method. If he gets what he wants, heroin users will be able to smoke heroin legally from next year.
- We have high overdose rates in Norway. One of the measures against this drug abuse problem is legalizing smoking heroin in place of injection, says Minister to TV 2. But he stressed that this does not mean a complete legalization of heroin.
- That is a realistic approach to those who use injection method. Smoking method is less dangerous and has low risk of infection, says Støre.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (SIRUS) there are over 10,000 drug addicts in Norway, most of them heroin users.
Read Also: One of 100 Norwegians Use Cocaine
US Sends 300 Soldiers Central Norway, Trondelag
Clown Craze Attack Spreads to Norway
7 Year Old Sol Met Norway Prime Minister for Syrian Children
New Forecasts: Only 3550 Asylum Seekers to Norway in 2016