Ice Cold Weather Prevails in Norway throughout the Week
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway’s Telenor Sells Its Shares in Vimpelcom after Corruption Accusations in Uzbekistan
- Meet the Coconuts: With a Sailing Boat to Norway
- Norway Asks UN to Remove Veto Power of Five Countries
- Prison Management Will Not Intervene Breivik’s Hunger Strike to Death
- Government Party FrP in Norway: Russia Can Be a Good Ally
The snow is late in many parts of the country, and the cold weather has reached an unbearable level. Over 30 monitoring stations in Norway, the temperature was under minus 20 degrees at yesterday night. The coldest region was Filefjell with 32.3 celcius degrees.
This ice cold air does not seem to go away anytime soon. Meteorologist Arild Mentzoni said to yr.no that this weather condition will be effective throughout the week and lack of wind will lead to poorer air quality.
On Friday, a low pressure is expected from the west and it can provide some precipitation in the form of snow in Agder, Rogaland, some parts of Telemark and Oslo.
Yet, meterologists stress there is still great uncertainty.
- Essentially it is cold and dry, but there may be some weak low pressure along the coast that can lead to some snow fall, said meteorologist Mette Skjerdal.
Skjerdal also noted that there may be slightly milder weather this weekend but it will be still very cold.
Norway Pays One Billion Dollar to Brazil for Reduced Deforestation in the Amazon
Oslo Will Be A Car-Free City
Norway launches an innovation competition to teach Syrian refugee children to read
Norwegian Business People Mobilize for Syrian Refugees Despite Boycott Threats