Defense ministers from Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and the UK and state secretaries from Poland and Germany will attend to the meeting. the UK will participate in this type of Nordic-Baltic Defence meeting for the first time.
– The new strategic concept of NATO means that the alliance will give more attention to the neighborhood. We find it gratifying that the UK wants to talk about a closer cooperation in the North, "said the Norwegian Defense Minister Grete Faremo.
Tuesday 9 November:
Nordic Defence meeting with the participation of Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland.
– Possible Nordic contribution to the UN operation
– Capacity Building in Africa
– Nordic cooperation in Afghanistan
– Women, Peace and Security
– Nordic industrial cooperation
– Nordic capability cooperation
Wednesday 10th November
Nordic-Baltic Defence meeting at 09 to 11.00 With the participation of the Nordic and Baltic countries.
– NATO summit in Lisbon
– Extended Nordic-Baltic cooperation
Advanced Nordic-Baltic meeting at 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
With the participation of the United Kingdom, Germany and Poland as well as the Nordic and Baltic countries.
The British defense minister talks on UK's recently published review of strategic and security matters (Strategic Defense and Security Review).
The Norwegian defense minister talks on security challenges and cooperation in the north.