Oslo Say Yes to Host Winter Olympics 2022
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Ryanir Threatens to Withdraw: Airport to Be Closed Down in Norway
- Norway Supports Fund for UN Personnel Abuse Victims
- Norway Warns US about Congressional Resolutions for Missile Engine
- More than a National Day: Understanding May 17th of Norway
- Norway New State Budget: More Oil Money Spending and Focus on Unemployment, and Integration
In addition to general elections, Oslo had another voting excitement yesterday. More than 300.000 Oslo residents went to referendum for deciding on Oslo’s hosting 2022 Winter Olympics
While 172.837 voted for the olympics, 140.982 said no. So, the result gave a ha- wheel majority - 53.5 percent for Oslo’s application as Winter Olympics host.
The referendum has an advisory status. The Parliament will determine the Olympics fate. In addition, the City Council must recognize the results of the advisory referendum.