Oslo Say Yes to Host Winter Olympics 2022
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Nobel Peace Price is Awarded to the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet
- Norway Gets NOK 218 billion in net revenue from the petroleum industry
- "The true artist is sincere and dangerous". The Theatre of Cruelty’s Lars Øyno talks about the premiere play "Lament"
- Norway’s Telenor Sells Its Shares in Vimpelcom after Corruption Accusations in Uzbekistan
- Meet the Coconuts: With a Sailing Boat to Norway
In addition to general elections, Oslo had another voting excitement yesterday. More than 300.000 Oslo residents went to referendum for deciding on Oslo’s hosting 2022 Winter Olympics
While 172.837 voted for the olympics, 140.982 said no. So, the result gave a ha- wheel majority - 53.5 percent for Oslo’s application as Winter Olympics host.
The referendum has an advisory status. The Parliament will determine the Olympics fate. In addition, the City Council must recognize the results of the advisory referendum.