Oslo Say Yes to Host Winter Olympics 2022
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norwegian "Sugar Man" Arrested in Sweden
- 15 000 People in Norway Quit Church Membership in Four Days
- Selling Fresh Premium Mountain Air from Norway to China on eBay
- It is forbidden to die in this town in Norway
- Norway’s Labor and Centre Party Want Ban on Niqab at Schools and Foreign Funds to Mosques
In addition to general elections, Oslo had another voting excitement yesterday. More than 300.000 Oslo residents went to referendum for deciding on Oslo’s hosting 2022 Winter Olympics
While 172.837 voted for the olympics, 140.982 said no. So, the result gave a ha- wheel majority - 53.5 percent for Oslo’s application as Winter Olympics host.
The referendum has an advisory status. The Parliament will determine the Olympics fate. In addition, the City Council must recognize the results of the advisory referendum.