Oslo Say Yes to Host Winter Olympics 2022
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Approves Extra Fees for Diesel Cars
- 1 of 3 Norwegians Believe Brexit is the Beginning of the End for the EU
- First Time in Norway: Christian Democrats Leader and Church Council Leader at Pride Parade
- Norway about Brexit: There Are Difficult Days to Come
- Norway’s Europe Minister Crosses Fingers For Britain to Remain in the EU
In addition to general elections, Oslo had another voting excitement yesterday. More than 300.000 Oslo residents went to referendum for deciding on Oslo’s hosting 2022 Winter Olympics
While 172.837 voted for the olympics, 140.982 said no. So, the result gave a ha- wheel majority - 53.5 percent for Oslo’s application as Winter Olympics host.
The referendum has an advisory status. The Parliament will determine the Olympics fate. In addition, the City Council must recognize the results of the advisory referendum.