Oslo Say Yes to Host Winter Olympics 2022
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Aid Campaign with Freezing Boy in Norway Video Brings 26000 Warm Jackets for Syrian Children
- Norway Hopes to Remain Good Relations with Russia Despite Ukraine Crisis
- Telenor to Lay Off One in Ten Employees in Norway
- Norway’s July 22 Massacre Memorial Sites are Touching
- Thanks For The Food, Whitney. - Norway On A Plate.
In addition to general elections, Oslo had another voting excitement yesterday. More than 300.000 Oslo residents went to referendum for deciding on Oslo’s hosting 2022 Winter Olympics
While 172.837 voted for the olympics, 140.982 said no. So, the result gave a ha- wheel majority - 53.5 percent for Oslo’s application as Winter Olympics host.
The referendum has an advisory status. The Parliament will determine the Olympics fate. In addition, the City Council must recognize the results of the advisory referendum.