Norway Reacts to Trumpís Entry Ban
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Tops the Global Happiness Rankings for 2017
- Norway Ranks As #10 For International Students, 2nd For Life and Career
- Norwayís Prison in The Netherlands Is In The Spotlight
- Foreign Minister of Norway Praised the Netherlands Standing against Populism
- Romeo and Juliet Takes a Modern Twist at Det Norske Teatret
Norway will continue to accept refugees and the US have the same responsibility, notes Prime Minister Erna Solberg. she notes to NRK that they must fight against terrorism, but it is wrong to put so many people from certain countries in a certain category and deny their freedom to travel.
Solberg points out that all countries have a duty and a responsibility to protect refugees.
Immigration and Integration Minister Sylvi Listhaug says the Norwegian policy in this area is solid and emphasizes that Norway will continue to accept quota refugees, writes NRK.
Foreign Minister Brende says to NRK that Trumpís decision is "extremely regrettable."
- The prohibition could create more conflicts, increased tensions and creates more mistrust. It is a questionable measure in the fight against terrorism, writes Norwayís biggest political party Laborís leader Jonas Gahr StÝre on his Facebook Page.
Many other world leaders made similar comments about Trumpís radical decision by pointing out that the US entry ban is a gift to the extremists.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said that refugees who are rejected by the US is welcome to his homeland.
However, criticism does not seem to make an impression on the new American president. On Sunday morning, he tweeted that America needs secure borders.
Our country needs strong borders and extreme vetting, NOW. Look what is happening all over Europe and, indeed, the world - a horrible mess!ó Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) 29. januar 2017
Ont he other hand, Trumpís decision received support from Czech President Milos Zeman praised Trump for his concern about public safety. He said that Trump protects his country and European elites should do the same.
|Trumpís Speech Scares Experts in Norway|
|Trump Fan Norwegian Politician Rejects Link Between Climate Change and CO2 Emissions|
|Trump Inspired Nationalist Party to Be Established in Norway|