How the New Government will Change Norway
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Mobilizes against Controversial Dakota Access Pipeline in the USA
- Norwegian Air Gets Approval for Flights to U.S., Despite Opposition
- Right Wing Extremist Group Puts Stickers with Gallows on Doors in Norway
- First Conviction in Pedophile Network Case in Norway
- Trump Inspired Nationalist Party to Be Established in Norway
The first press conference from the new government has just been held at Sundvollen where the two female leaders of the Conservatives and Progress Party coalition revealed their 4-year-plan about how they want to change Norway and what awaits people of Norway the next four years.
Here are the main points that have been revealed in today’s press conference:
FOCUS ON NORWEGIAN COMPETITIVENESS
One of the priority areas of the new government is to strengthen Norwegian competitiveness to secure jobs.
SOLBERG PROMISES TAX REDUCTIONS
Solberg says the new government will reduce taxes for businesses. They will also reduce the wealth tax and raise the basic allowance. - We will make it more profitable to work, says Conservative Party leader Erna Solberg.
WILL FOCUS ON DEBUREAUCRATIZATION
Jensen says the new government will invest in debureaucratization, renewal and simplification. - We’re teaming up with the private sector to relieve public services, says Jensen.
- GOOD SCHOOLS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT WE HAVE
- We will raise the knowledge society. A good school is the most important tool we have. It is the major industrial policy and health policy. Knowledge will carry Norway forward, says Solberg.
WILL ENCOURAGE INDUSTRY TO RESEARCH
- Norway must find more legs to stand on in the future. Therefore, we must develop more knowledge skills in businesses in the future, says Erna Solberg.
JENSEN: - SAFER LIFE FOR MOST OF THE PEOPLE
- We will implement strong measures to ensure a safer life for most of the people. Police will be more visible and we will have increased police coverage. We will also have a strict and tough justice policy. The offenders shall be punished for what they do, says Jensen.
CREATING OWN ROAD COMPANY
- We are going to create a separate road company that will organize and lead projects to build and develop the infrastructure in Norway. The state will be the financial guarantee of the company, says Erna Solberg.
OPENING UP FOR ARMED POLICE OFFICERS
The government will allow arming of the police in the police districts where the police themselves believe it is the best solution.
HIGHWAYS WITH 130 KMH SPEED LIMIT
The government will build new, safe and complete highways with top speed limit of 130 kmh.
NO MORE INHERITANCE TAX
The government also wants to raise the limit for duty free imports, do a comprehensive review of vehicle and fuel taxes and strengthen the BSU-scheme (home saving scheme for youth).
THERE WILL BE MORE SUNDAY OPEN STORES
- Everyday life will be as before. Some will do shopping on Sundays, others won’t, says Conservative Party leader Erna Solberg.
THE GOVERNMENT TO BE CALLED CONSERVATIVES - PROGRESS PARTY GOVERNMENT
It is clear that the new government will be called the Conservatives - Progress Party government. The two parties have also agreed on a future ministerial structure, but it will not be made public before the government takes office.
LESS TOLL ON THE ROADS
- There will be less toll on some routes, but there still will be tolls on existing and new routes, says Norway’s new prime minister Erna Solberg.
- WILL IMPROVE HEALTH CARE
- The Progress Party will make them self visible in the government through new asylum policy, care and crime policy. We want better staffing in health care and a government pilot project with state funding, says Jensen.