Doctors Association in Norway Want to Ban Tobacco and Smoking
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Tops the Global Happiness Rankings for 2017
- Norway Ranks As #10 For International Students, 2nd For Life and Career
- Norway’s Prison in The Netherlands Is In The Spotlight
- Foreign Minister of Norway Praised the Netherlands Standing against Populism
- Romeo and Juliet Takes a Modern Twist at Det Norske Teatret
Talking to Aftenposten, the president of the association, Marit Hermansen wants a tobacco-free generation and believes that there should be a total ban on smoking to prevent young people to start using tobacco.
- Young people must be prevented from starting to smoke. That means when new generations come of age, they can not buy tobacco in Norway. This will be a concrete measure to achieve the goal. We have also previously been a driving force for controversial measures. There is no human right in using tobacco. We see a snuff epidemic in Norway. Now 12 percent of girls use snuff in Norway, says she.
So Hermansen argues it is a social responsibility what they offer. We do not want to criminalize the use, but will make it difficult to access, says she.
|Norway Introduces New Bans on Smoking|
|Norwegian Senterpartiet Youth Branch Wants Ban on Tobacco Sale|
|FpU Wants Hookah Bars in Norway|