5000 NOK Fine for Threats on Facebook
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Government Accuses Labor Party For Irresponsible Spending
- Norway Opens New Aid Measures in the Mediterranean
- Norway Parliamentary Leaders Meet for Syria and Boat Accidents in Mediterranean.
- House Prices Increase in Norway in the First Quarter
- Environmental Organizations Continue Struggle against Norway Government
In September last year, the 19 year old woman wrote a message to another woman on Facebook. First, she wrote she "wanted to mash her face". A few days later she sent another message - "her face would not be so beautiful afterwards".
The District Court in Halden reviewed the case and 19-year-old received a fine of 5000 NOK (800 USD) for the threats.
In the court, the 19-year-old acknowledged the guilt after the victim showed printed Facebook messages.
19-year-old is convicted of violating another’s peace with intimidating or harassing behavior. The penalty is fixed at a fine of 5000 NOK, alternatively ten days in jail, ruled the court.