5000 NOK Fine for Threats on Facebook
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Supports Fund for UN Personnel Abuse Victims
- Norway Warns US about Congressional Resolutions for Missile Engine
- More than a National Day: Understanding May 17th of Norway
- Norway New State Budget: More Oil Money Spending and Focus on Unemployment, and Integration
- Norway Integration Minister: Let Refugees Prepare School Lunch
In September last year, the 19 year old woman wrote a message to another woman on Facebook. First, she wrote she "wanted to mash her face". A few days later she sent another message - "her face would not be so beautiful afterwards".
The District Court in Halden reviewed the case and 19-year-old received a fine of 5000 NOK (800 USD) for the threats.
In the court, the 19-year-old acknowledged the guilt after the victim showed printed Facebook messages.
19-year-old is convicted of violating another’s peace with intimidating or harassing behavior. The penalty is fixed at a fine of 5000 NOK, alternatively ten days in jail, ruled the court.
Newly Launched Panama Papers Database Reveals Hundreds of Names and Addresses from Norway
Norway Integration Minister: Let Refugees Prepare School Lunch
Norway Warns US about Congressional Resolutions for Missile Engine
Norway Supports Fund for UN Personnel Abuse Victims