5000 NOK Fine for Threats on Facebook
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Danish Intelligence Chief: Norway Police Handling Terror Threat Makes Terrorist Win
- Cycling in Norway: A Real Adventure
- Norway Police Requires Passports or ID Cards for Even Norwegian and Schengen Area Citizens
- Norway Police Keeps Security Level High, Uncertainty Continues
- Norway Foreign Minister: We Must Stand for Freedom of Expression, Tolerance and Fight against Extremism
In September last year, the 19 year old woman wrote a message to another woman on Facebook. First, she wrote she "wanted to mash her face". A few days later she sent another message - "her face would not be so beautiful afterwards".
The District Court in Halden reviewed the case and 19-year-old received a fine of 5000 NOK (800 USD) for the threats.
In the court, the 19-year-old acknowledged the guilt after the victim showed printed Facebook messages.
19-year-old is convicted of violating another’s peace with intimidating or harassing behavior. The penalty is fixed at a fine of 5000 NOK, alternatively ten days in jail, ruled the court.