5000 NOK Fine for Threats on Facebook
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Oil and Gas Still Largest Contributor to Norway Economy
- Norway Warns against Israeli Construction Plans in the West Bank
- Obama and Cameron, com’on – All We Need is Fromm
- Afghanistan to Close Its Borders for Forced Returns from Norway
- GE and Statoil launch new collaboration to accelerate development of sustainable energy solutions
In September last year, the 19 year old woman wrote a message to another woman on Facebook. First, she wrote she "wanted to mash her face". A few days later she sent another message - "her face would not be so beautiful afterwards".
The District Court in Halden reviewed the case and 19-year-old received a fine of 5000 NOK (800 USD) for the threats.
In the court, the 19-year-old acknowledged the guilt after the victim showed printed Facebook messages.
19-year-old is convicted of violating another’s peace with intimidating or harassing behavior. The penalty is fixed at a fine of 5000 NOK, alternatively ten days in jail, ruled the court.