5000 NOK Fine for Threats on Facebook
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Mobilizes against Controversial Dakota Access Pipeline in the USA
- Norwegian Air Gets Approval for Flights to U.S., Despite Opposition
- Right Wing Extremist Group Puts Stickers with Gallows on Doors in Norway
- First Conviction in Pedophile Network Case in Norway
- Trump Inspired Nationalist Party to Be Established in Norway
In September last year, the 19 year old woman wrote a message to another woman on Facebook. First, she wrote she "wanted to mash her face". A few days later she sent another message - "her face would not be so beautiful afterwards".
The District Court in Halden reviewed the case and 19-year-old received a fine of 5000 NOK (800 USD) for the threats.
In the court, the 19-year-old acknowledged the guilt after the victim showed printed Facebook messages.
19-year-old is convicted of violating another’s peace with intimidating or harassing behavior. The penalty is fixed at a fine of 5000 NOK, alternatively ten days in jail, ruled the court.
Naked Armed Man in Norway Causes Panic
Oslo Catholic Church is Charged with Membership Fraud
First Conviction in Pedophile Network Case in Norway
Right Wing Extremist Group Puts Stickers with Gallows on Doors in Norway