Armed Man is Arrested for Attempt to Stop Nobel Peace Prize Convoy
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Conservative Party to Stop Abuse of Welfare Benefits at Norway Border
- 19-Year Old Norwegian Girl Lives in a Cave
- Norwegian Prime Minister Advocates Gay Marriage at Churches in Norway
- Mysterious Czech Man in Norway was a Police Consultant and Computer Expert
- Norway Hosts Donor Conference for South Sudan
The man was arrested shortly after the cortege left the Oslo City Hall, where the Nobel ceremony was held. He was arrested for carrying a knife, said the Norwegian police to NRK.
The man who is in his late twenties, began to walk toward the motorcade where government leaders set, then the police stopped him.
The security of this year’s Nobel Peace Prize is at the highest level. The police are expected to spend between 10 and 17 million NOK on security measures in connection with the ceremony.
Large parts of the city center has been closed off and heavily armed police patrol the area around the city.