Armed Man is Arrested for Attempt to Stop Nobel Peace Prize Convoy
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- 15 000 People in Norway Quit Church Membership in Four Days
- Selling Fresh Premium Mountain Air from Norway to China on eBay
- It is forbidden to die in this town in Norway
- Norway’s Labor and Centre Party Want Ban on Niqab at Schools and Foreign Funds to Mosques
- The Lion Woman (Løvekvinnen): The Biggest Norwegian Film Production After Max Manus and Kon-Tiki
The man was arrested shortly after the cortege left the Oslo City Hall, where the Nobel ceremony was held. He was arrested for carrying a knife, said the Norwegian police to NRK.
The man who is in his late twenties, began to walk toward the motorcade where government leaders set, then the police stopped him.
The security of this year’s Nobel Peace Prize is at the highest level. The police are expected to spend between 10 and 17 million NOK on security measures in connection with the ceremony.
Large parts of the city center has been closed off and heavily armed police patrol the area around the city.