Scandinavian Toy Manufacturer to Give Weapons to Girls
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Approves Extra Fees for Diesel Cars
- 1 of 3 Norwegians Believe Brexit is the Beginning of the End for the EU
- First Time in Norway: Christian Democrats Leader and Church Council Leader at Pride Parade
- Norway about Brexit: There Are Difficult Days to Come
- Norway’s Europe Minister Crosses Fingers For Britain to Remain in the EU
Toys R Us in Sweden have created a slightly different Christmas catalog than its neighbor, Norway. After massive criticism from the Swedish advertising ombudsman that their commercials are stereotyped and sexist, the toy giant had to make their catalogs more gender neutral, writes TV2.
Thus, while the Norwegian catalog showed a boy wielding a toy machine gun, which was replaced by a girl in the Swedish version. The baby doll page of the Swedish catalog also replaced a girl with a boy.
Sales Manager of the company, Jan Nyberg said they have received many positive emails and phones after the change.
Norway and the US Strengthen Their Collaboration on Climate Change
Norway will host World Congress Against the Death Penalty
Norway has ratified the Paris Agreement
Norway Approves Extra Fees for Diesel Cars