Scandinavian Toy Manufacturer to Give Weapons to Girls
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Afghanistan to Close Its Borders for Forced Returns from Norway
- GE and Statoil launch new collaboration to accelerate development of sustainable energy solutions
- New Word of the Year in Norway: Fremmedkriger
- Norway Has the World’s Second Most Expensive Big Mac
- Political Strike Continues, Transportation System Stops
Toys R Us in Sweden have created a slightly different Christmas catalog than its neighbor, Norway. After massive criticism from the Swedish advertising ombudsman that their commercials are stereotyped and sexist, the toy giant had to make their catalogs more gender neutral, writes TV2.
Thus, while the Norwegian catalog showed a boy wielding a toy machine gun, which was replaced by a girl in the Swedish version. The baby doll page of the Swedish catalog also replaced a girl with a boy.
Sales Manager of the company, Jan Nyberg said they have received many positive emails and phones after the change.