Scandinavian Toy Manufacturer to Give Weapons to Girls
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Tops the Global Happiness Rankings for 2017
- Norway Ranks As #10 For International Students, 2nd For Life and Career
- Norway’s Prison in The Netherlands Is In The Spotlight
- Foreign Minister of Norway Praised the Netherlands Standing against Populism
- Romeo and Juliet Takes a Modern Twist at Det Norske Teatret
Toys R Us in Sweden have created a slightly different Christmas catalog than its neighbor, Norway. After massive criticism from the Swedish advertising ombudsman that their commercials are stereotyped and sexist, the toy giant had to make their catalogs more gender neutral, writes TV2.
Thus, while the Norwegian catalog showed a boy wielding a toy machine gun, which was replaced by a girl in the Swedish version. The baby doll page of the Swedish catalog also replaced a girl with a boy.
Sales Manager of the company, Jan Nyberg said they have received many positive emails and phones after the change.