Scandinavian Toy Manufacturer to Give Weapons to Girls
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- 15 000 People in Norway Quit Church Membership in Four Days
- Selling Fresh Premium Mountain Air from Norway to China on eBay
- It is forbidden to die in this town in Norway
- Norway’s Labor and Centre Party Want Ban on Niqab at Schools and Foreign Funds to Mosques
- The Lion Woman (Løvekvinnen): The Biggest Norwegian Film Production After Max Manus and Kon-Tiki
Toys R Us in Sweden have created a slightly different Christmas catalog than its neighbor, Norway. After massive criticism from the Swedish advertising ombudsman that their commercials are stereotyped and sexist, the toy giant had to make their catalogs more gender neutral, writes TV2.
Thus, while the Norwegian catalog showed a boy wielding a toy machine gun, which was replaced by a girl in the Swedish version. The baby doll page of the Swedish catalog also replaced a girl with a boy.
Sales Manager of the company, Jan Nyberg said they have received many positive emails and phones after the change.