Scandinavian Toy Manufacturer to Give Weapons to Girls
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Mobilizes against Controversial Dakota Access Pipeline in the USA
- Norwegian Air Gets Approval for Flights to U.S., Despite Opposition
- Right Wing Extremist Group Puts Stickers with Gallows on Doors in Norway
- First Conviction in Pedophile Network Case in Norway
- Trump Inspired Nationalist Party to Be Established in Norway
Toys R Us in Sweden have created a slightly different Christmas catalog than its neighbor, Norway. After massive criticism from the Swedish advertising ombudsman that their commercials are stereotyped and sexist, the toy giant had to make their catalogs more gender neutral, writes TV2.
Thus, while the Norwegian catalog showed a boy wielding a toy machine gun, which was replaced by a girl in the Swedish version. The baby doll page of the Swedish catalog also replaced a girl with a boy.
Sales Manager of the company, Jan Nyberg said they have received many positive emails and phones after the change.
Naked Armed Man in Norway Causes Panic
Oslo Catholic Church is Charged with Membership Fraud
First Conviction in Pedophile Network Case in Norway
Right Wing Extremist Group Puts Stickers with Gallows on Doors in Norway