Bomb Alarm near the U.S. Embassy in Oslo Leads to Evacuation
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Tops the Global Happiness Rankings for 2017
- Norway Ranks As #10 For International Students, 2nd For Life and Career
- Norway’s Prison in The Netherlands Is In The Spotlight
- Foreign Minister of Norway Praised the Netherlands Standing against Populism
- Romeo and Juliet Takes a Modern Twist at Det Norske Teatret
Contact our correspondents from +47 21 39 08 94 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The suspicious object was removed from the vehicle near the U.S. Embassy. The police reported that the object was harmless.
Barriers around the U.S. Embassy were lifted at about 13.25.
The US Embassy in Oslo, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Royal Palace have been evacuated due to a suspicious item spotted under a car parked outside the US embassy in Oslo.
- The police closed the access of all public transportation to Stortinget and Nationaltheater in Oslo. The trams, T-Bane and buses drive until Jernbanetorget.
- Sea King helicopters and police helicopters are in the region for assisting the operation.
About the Case
Oslo police has evacuated the area within a 500 meter radius after having found a suspicious package under a car parked near the US embassy in Oslo, Norway.
The Embassy's security notified the police about the object at 11.22 on Tuesday. After a while, the bomb group of the Oslo police have been on the site to examine the item together with fire and Rescue teams.