Bomb Alarm near the U.S. Embassy in Oslo Leads to Evacuation
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway is again the happiest, richest, healthiest, and safest country in the world
- Norwegian Dancer is Sentenced to 21 Years in Prison Just Like Breivik
- Norway to Ban Sale of Military Equipments to Private Persons
- Ryanir Threatens to Withdraw: Airport to Be Closed Down in Norway
- Norway Supports Fund for UN Personnel Abuse Victims
Contact our correspondents from +47 21 39 08 94 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The suspicious object was removed from the vehicle near the U.S. Embassy. The police reported that the object was harmless.
Barriers around the U.S. Embassy were lifted at about 13.25.
The US Embassy in Oslo, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Royal Palace have been evacuated due to a suspicious item spotted under a car parked outside the US embassy in Oslo.
- The police closed the access of all public transportation to Stortinget and Nationaltheater in Oslo. The trams, T-Bane and buses drive until Jernbanetorget.
- Sea King helicopters and police helicopters are in the region for assisting the operation.
About the Case
Oslo police has evacuated the area within a 500 meter radius after having found a suspicious package under a car parked near the US embassy in Oslo, Norway.
The Embassy's security notified the police about the object at 11.22 on Tuesday. After a while, the bomb group of the Oslo police have been on the site to examine the item together with fire and Rescue teams.
Norway Integration Minister: Let Refugees Prepare School Lunch
Norway Warns US about Congressional Resolutions for Missile Engine
Norway Supports Fund for UN Personnel Abuse Victims
Norway to Ban Sale of Military Equipments to Private Persons