Bomb Alarm near the U.S. Embassy in Oslo Leads to Evacuation
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- "The true artist is sincere and dangerous". The Theatre of Cruelty’s Lars Øyno talks about the premiere play "Lament"
- Norway’s Telenor Sells Its Shares in Vimpelcom after Corruption Accusations in Uzbekistan
- Meet the Coconuts: With a Sailing Boat to Norway
- Norway Asks UN to Remove Veto Power of Five Countries
- Prison Management Will Not Intervene Breivik’s Hunger Strike to Death
Contact our correspondents from +47 21 39 08 94 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The suspicious object was removed from the vehicle near the U.S. Embassy. The police reported that the object was harmless.
Barriers around the U.S. Embassy were lifted at about 13.25.
The US Embassy in Oslo, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Royal Palace have been evacuated due to a suspicious item spotted under a car parked outside the US embassy in Oslo.
- The police closed the access of all public transportation to Stortinget and Nationaltheater in Oslo. The trams, T-Bane and buses drive until Jernbanetorget.
- Sea King helicopters and police helicopters are in the region for assisting the operation.
About the Case
Oslo police has evacuated the area within a 500 meter radius after having found a suspicious package under a car parked near the US embassy in Oslo, Norway.
The Embassy's security notified the police about the object at 11.22 on Tuesday. After a while, the bomb group of the Oslo police have been on the site to examine the item together with fire and Rescue teams.
Oslo Will Be A Car-Free City
Norway launches an innovation competition to teach Syrian refugee children to read
Norwegian Business People Mobilize for Syrian Refugees Despite Boycott Threats
Norway Asks UN to Remove Veto Power of Five Countries