Bomb Alarm near the U.S. Embassy in Oslo Leads to Evacuation
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- 15 000 People in Norway Quit Church Membership in Four Days
- Selling Fresh Premium Mountain Air from Norway to China on eBay
- It is forbidden to die in this town in Norway
- Norway’s Labor and Centre Party Want Ban on Niqab at Schools and Foreign Funds to Mosques
- The Lion Woman (Løvekvinnen): The Biggest Norwegian Film Production After Max Manus and Kon-Tiki
Contact our correspondents from +47 21 39 08 94 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The suspicious object was removed from the vehicle near the U.S. Embassy. The police reported that the object was harmless.
Barriers around the U.S. Embassy were lifted at about 13.25.
The US Embassy in Oslo, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Royal Palace have been evacuated due to a suspicious item spotted under a car parked outside the US embassy in Oslo.
- The police closed the access of all public transportation to Stortinget and Nationaltheater in Oslo. The trams, T-Bane and buses drive until Jernbanetorget.
- Sea King helicopters and police helicopters are in the region for assisting the operation.
About the Case
Oslo police has evacuated the area within a 500 meter radius after having found a suspicious package under a car parked near the US embassy in Oslo, Norway.
The Embassy's security notified the police about the object at 11.22 on Tuesday. After a while, the bomb group of the Oslo police have been on the site to examine the item together with fire and Rescue teams.