No More War without Parliamentary Decision
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Approves Extra Fees for Diesel Cars
- 1 of 3 Norwegians Believe Brexit is the Beginning of the End for the EU
- First Time in Norway: Christian Democrats Leader and Church Council Leader at Pride Parade
- Norway about Brexit: There Are Difficult Days to Come
- Norway’s Europe Minister Crosses Fingers For Britain to Remain in the EU
We discuss and make decisions about the most trivial matters, while some of the most important thing - such as sending Norwegian men and women to war - we don’t debate in the Parliament.
Military participation is such a serious decision that it must be linked to a real discussion process. It is worrying that there is little public debate about Norwegian war participation, says SV leader Audun Lysbakken to Aftenposten.
SV presented a proposed constitutional amendment in the Parliament. The proposal involves participation in overseas operations can not happen without a parliamentary decision. The government will still be able to decide on war without parliamentary decision if the Norwegian border is threatened.