No More War without Parliamentary Decision
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Students in Norway Struggling to Complete Their Studies
- AUF Leader to Integration Minister of Norway: Throw That Crone Out of Government
- Workers Were Already Fearing of Such a Helicopter Accident in Norway
- Helicopter crash in Norway - 13 confirmed dead
- Immigration Minister of Norway Sylvi Listhaug Severely Mocked
We discuss and make decisions about the most trivial matters, while some of the most important thing - such as sending Norwegian men and women to war - we don’t debate in the Parliament.
Military participation is such a serious decision that it must be linked to a real discussion process. It is worrying that there is little public debate about Norwegian war participation, says SV leader Audun Lysbakken to Aftenposten.
SV presented a proposed constitutional amendment in the Parliament. The proposal involves participation in overseas operations can not happen without a parliamentary decision. The government will still be able to decide on war without parliamentary decision if the Norwegian border is threatened.