No More War without Parliamentary Decision
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Conservative Party to Stop Abuse of Welfare Benefits at Norway Border
- 19-Year Old Norwegian Girl Lives in a Cave
- Norwegian Prime Minister Advocates Gay Marriage at Churches in Norway
- Mysterious Czech Man in Norway was a Police Consultant and Computer Expert
- Norway Hosts Donor Conference for South Sudan
We discuss and make decisions about the most trivial matters, while some of the most important thing - such as sending Norwegian men and women to war - we don’t debate in the Parliament.
Military participation is such a serious decision that it must be linked to a real discussion process. It is worrying that there is little public debate about Norwegian war participation, says SV leader Audun Lysbakken to Aftenposten.
SV presented a proposed constitutional amendment in the Parliament. The proposal involves participation in overseas operations can not happen without a parliamentary decision. The government will still be able to decide on war without parliamentary decision if the Norwegian border is threatened.