Abortion Ban is Strenghtened in Norway
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway is again the happiest, richest, healthiest, and safest country in the world
- Norwegian Dancer is Sentenced to 21 Years in Prison Just Like Breivik
- Norway to Ban Sale of Military Equipments to Private Persons
- Ryanir Threatens to Withdraw: Airport to Be Closed Down in Norway
- Norway Supports Fund for UN Personnel Abuse Victims
The directorate provided a legal assessment of the ban on abortion when the fetus can survive.
Abortion Act states that after the end of the eighteenth week of pregnancy, a pregnancy is not canceled unless there are particularly weighty reasons for it. Is there reason to believe that the fetus is viable, you consent to pregnancy termination is not given.
In the Directorate's assessment, it is not allowed for abortions of viable fetuses even if strong social reasons would indicate otherwise. The Ministry agrees with this assessment. Accordıngly, the woman's young age, or other strong social reasons can not justify the abortion of viable fetuses.
- This is a serious matter and it is important that the Health Directorate has made a clear conclusion, said Health and Human Services Mınıster Anne-Grete Strøm-Erichsen.
Norway Integration Minister: Let Refugees Prepare School Lunch
Norway Warns US about Congressional Resolutions for Missile Engine
Norway Supports Fund for UN Personnel Abuse Victims
Norway to Ban Sale of Military Equipments to Private Persons