Abortion Ban is Strenghtened in Norway
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Mobilizes against Controversial Dakota Access Pipeline in the USA
- Norwegian Air Gets Approval for Flights to U.S., Despite Opposition
- Right Wing Extremist Group Puts Stickers with Gallows on Doors in Norway
- First Conviction in Pedophile Network Case in Norway
- Trump Inspired Nationalist Party to Be Established in Norway
The directorate provided a legal assessment of the ban on abortion when the fetus can survive.
Abortion Act states that after the end of the eighteenth week of pregnancy, a pregnancy is not canceled unless there are particularly weighty reasons for it. Is there reason to believe that the fetus is viable, you consent to pregnancy termination is not given.
In the Directorate's assessment, it is not allowed for abortions of viable fetuses even if strong social reasons would indicate otherwise. The Ministry agrees with this assessment. Accordıngly, the woman's young age, or other strong social reasons can not justify the abortion of viable fetuses.
- This is a serious matter and it is important that the Health Directorate has made a clear conclusion, said Health and Human Services Mınıster Anne-Grete Strøm-Erichsen.
Naked Armed Man in Norway Causes Panic
Oslo Catholic Church is Charged with Membership Fraud
First Conviction in Pedophile Network Case in Norway
Right Wing Extremist Group Puts Stickers with Gallows on Doors in Norway