Abortion Ban is Strenghtened in Norway
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- ESA Investigates Norwegian Banks for Possible Competition Rules Violation
- Siv Jensen Promises a Far Tougher FRP against Immigration for the Next Election in Norway
- Equality and Integration Minister of Norway Makes Headlines for Her Integration Advice
- New Forecasts: Only 3550 Asylum Seekers to Norway in 2016
- 7 Year Old Sol Met Norway Prime Minister for Syrian Children
The directorate provided a legal assessment of the ban on abortion when the fetus can survive.
Abortion Act states that after the end of the eighteenth week of pregnancy, a pregnancy is not canceled unless there are particularly weighty reasons for it. Is there reason to believe that the fetus is viable, you consent to pregnancy termination is not given.
In the Directorate's assessment, it is not allowed for abortions of viable fetuses even if strong social reasons would indicate otherwise. The Ministry agrees with this assessment. Accordýngly, the woman's young age, or other strong social reasons can not justify the abortion of viable fetuses.
- This is a serious matter and it is important that the Health Directorate has made a clear conclusion, said Health and Human Services Mýnýster Anne-Grete Strøm-Erichsen.
US Sends 300 Soldiers Central Norway, Trondelag
Clown Craze Attack Spreads to Norway
7 Year Old Sol Met Norway Prime Minister for Syrian Children
New Forecasts: Only 3550 Asylum Seekers to Norway in 2016