Abortion Ban is Strenghtened in Norway
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Nobel Peace Price is Awarded to the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet
- Norway Gets NOK 218 billion in net revenue from the petroleum industry
- "The true artist is sincere and dangerous". The Theatre of Crueltys Lars Øyno talks about the premiere play "Lament"
- Norways Telenor Sells Its Shares in Vimpelcom after Corruption Accusations in Uzbekistan
- Meet the Coconuts: With a Sailing Boat to Norway
The directorate provided a legal assessment of the ban on abortion when the fetus can survive.
Abortion Act states that after the end of the eighteenth week of pregnancy, a pregnancy is not canceled unless there are particularly weighty reasons for it. Is there reason to believe that the fetus is viable, you consent to pregnancy termination is not given.
In the Directorate's assessment, it is not allowed for abortions of viable fetuses even if strong social reasons would indicate otherwise. The Ministry agrees with this assessment. Accordıngly, the woman's young age, or other strong social reasons can not justify the abortion of viable fetuses.
- This is a serious matter and it is important that the Health Directorate has made a clear conclusion, said Health and Human Services Mınıster Anne-Grete Strøm-Erichsen.
Norway launches an innovation competition to teach Syrian refugee children to read
Norway Asks UN to Remove Veto Power of Five Countries
Norway and Australia sign JSM-agreement
Supporters of Same-Sex Marriage Win Church Election in Oslo