Who can get a work permit as a skilled worker in Norway?
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Aid Campaign with Freezing Boy in Norway Video Brings 26000 Warm Jackets for Syrian Children
- Norway Hopes to Remain Good Relations with Russia Despite Ukraine Crisis
- Telenor to Lay Off One in Ten Employees in Norway
- Norway’s July 22 Massacre Memorial Sites are Touching
- Thanks For The Food, Whitney. - Norway On A Plate.
In order to be granted a residence permit for skilled workers, you must be a qualified skilled worker whose expertise is relevant to the job you will be doing in Norway.
Who is considered to be a “skilled worker”?
The term skilled worker covers the following categories of qualifications:
- Specialist training corresponding to upper secondary education level
- Craft certificate
- University college or university education
- Special qualifications
Do you have a job offer?
In order to get a residence and work permit for skilled workers you must have received a concrete offer of employment from an employer in Norway.
The employment offer must state the position you will fill, your hourly wage and the number of working hours per week. The duration of the offer of employment must also be specified.
As a rule, you must have received an offer of full-time employment for one employer.
Do you not have a job offer yet?
If you are a skilled worker, and wish to come to Norway to find work, you can apply for a residence permit for skilled jobseekers.
With such a permit you can stay in Norway for up to six months while you are searching for work.
Are you from a EU or EEA/EFTA-country?
Nationals from EU/EEA/EFTA-countries don’t need to apply for residence or work permits.
You are free to travel to Norway and look for work.
The only thing you need to do is to register with the police through the EEA registration scheme.
Norway to Legalize Poker Tournaments
Norwegians Protested Racial Violence in Verdal
FRP to Cut Child Benefit, If Children Do not Learn Proper Norwegian
Conservative Politician Wants to Legalize Cannabis Sale in Norway