LATEST: The search for the missing people has ended at the Utøya island.
28.07.2011 13:45 CET
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
The identification of the victims is completed. Police will announce the names of the victims 18:00 CET.
28.07.2011 13:35 CET
The terrorist will be taken to interrogation tomorrow. The interrogation will be held at the Police Station in Grønland, Oslo.
28.07.2011 13:30 CET
The search for the missing people has ended at the Utøya island.
27.07.2011 11:30 CET
The terrorist Breivik behind the massacre is continuously watched by a suicide guard 24 hours in case of a suicide attempt.
27.07.2011 10:30 CET
Police has reported that nothing suspicious is found at Oslo S after searching the area.
27.07.2011 08:30 CET
Oslo Central Station has been evacuated: A man put down his suitcase on the bus and went off. Police is investigating the suitcase and parts of the city center is blocked.
Police have stalled the investigation about Anders Behring Breivik's claim that there are several terrorist cells. However, Breivik set prerequisites about imprisoment conditions for providing information about these terror cells.
World Islamic Mission arranges an open memorial service at the Oslo mosque in Åkebergveien 28B on 26/07/2011 at: 1800. It is open for everyone.
The names of the victims to be publicized this evening at 18.00
The total number of fatalities from Utøya island was updated on Monday afternoon. The number decreased to 68. This number may increase as the searches are still going on in the area. The number of dead after the explosion in Oslo has increased to 8.
Breivik declared that he is a member of an international order of knighthood. In the manifesto he claims that he would try to establish contact with what he describes as cell 8a and 8b cell in the beginning of March.
Breivik was remanded in custody for eight weeks isolation.
Breivik testified that he had to save Norway and Western Europe from Muslim domination. The aim of the assassination was to give a symbol to the people. Labour has betrayed the country and the people. The price for it, they pay yesterday, said he.
Earlier this spring, Anders Behring Breivik was with a friend when he tried to buy fertilizer, said a clerk. Now police is working to determine whether he had accomplices.
Anders Behring Breivik is back in custody after incarceration meeting. The decision has not been publicized yet.
People reacted Breivik's advocate: "Can you greet your client saying that he burns in hell" while he was entering in the courtroom. Some cried also, "How can you defend him?"
Terror charged Anders Behring Breivik arrived in Oslo courthouse in a dark car with tinted windows. A group of people knocked on the car and yelled with curse words to Breivik. He was taken to court through a secret passage.
A Polish man to be arrested in connection with the terrorist attacks in Norway. The owner operates a company that sells chemicals on the internet.
The court fears that the accused will send coded messages through media so they will keep
It was revealed that the police lost about ten minutes on the boat that carried the heavily armed Join forces to Utøya island, had engine failure.
Anti-terrorist unit of Scotland Yard Police is now investigating whether Anders Behring Breivik (32) is part of an international network of terrorists. In the police interrogation, Breivik had claimed that he belongs to an international order , the Knights Templar. He describes this order as a Christian military order that fights to liberate the West from what he believes is Islamic oppression.
All over the world, people lay flowers and light candles to honor those killed by terrorist action in Oslo. Sarah E. Saxton was council leader when 32 students were killed in a massacre at Virginia Tech in 2007. Sunday she arranged a gathering in Washington, DC - I know a little about how the families feel about it, and it is good to know that so many cares. We let the Norwegian flag at the Washington Monument, and many people signed the banner that we bring to the Norwegian embassy in the morning, Saxton says to VG Nett.
One of the terror accused 32-year-old's major sources of inspiration is a Norwegian Islam critic living in Trøndelag. The anonymous blogger who goes by the pseudonym "Fjordman," says he has never had anything to do with the Behring Breivik.
According to Aftenposten Anders Behring Breivik told the police during interrogation that he planned on attacking two more central buildings in Oslo.
Police announced that the trial of Anders Behring Breivik will be closed to public and the press.
Anders Behring Breivik (32) said that he belongs to an international Christian military order who fight against Islamic oppression.
Doctor: The terrorist used a special bullet in the armed attack. This bullet type is banned in wars but allowed in hunting, which is literally exploded inside body.
It was revealed that the terrorist killed the only policeman in Utøya during the attack.
No explosives found at the location where the police arrested 6 people, and the detained persons are discharged. The police have no evidence to keep these people in connection with the terrorist attack.
Parts of Anders Behring Breivik's manifesto is the direct copy of the American Terrorist Ted Kaczynskis manifesto.
The number of people killed in the attacks rose to 93.
The terrorist's father says that he has not been in contact with his son since 1995 and had no idea what he planned.
Four or five people are still missing. Officially, 30 people were injured after the bomb explosion in Oslo and the police are still searching for missing people in the ministries.
Armed police raid in Oslo in connection with terrorist attack that hit Norway on Friday. Six people were arrested.
Armed police raid to a location in Oslo. The raid is related to the bombing and the ongoing investigation.
The bomb expert, Per Nergaard estimate that the bomb exploded in Oslo was around 500 kg.
The details of the assault in the youth camp come:After having shot the youths in Utøya for 1, 5 hours, Anders Behring Breivik surrendered voluntarily to the police emergency squad.
Police said that the safety assessment has not changed, and there still might be explosives in Oslo.
Do you have a missing relatives after the events in the city center or in Utøya: call the police from 815 02 800
85 are confirmed dead in Utøya and 7 in Oslo. These numbers may change. Policeis still searching the waters of Utøya.
The man who was arrested was a young man of Norwegian-looking, dark hair wearing shorts and t-shirt.
A young man was recently arrested by armed police at Sundvolden hotel, where the families of the lost people in the island, reports TV 2.
A man was arrested by police in Sundvollen at 13 o'clock. He was armed with a knife and said he was AUF member.
So far 91 people are reported killed at Oslo-bombing and Utøya-shooting. 84 of them are youth who were killed at the Utøya island.
Anders Behring Breivik, the assailant, is said to be a member of Freemasonry organization in Norway.
Today the struggle to build an even better and even more open society begins, said Oslo Mayor Fabian Stang.
Municipalities and counties across the country to create shelters for the families of the victims after the tragedy in Utøya.
Anders Behring Breivik (32) is charged with both the Oslo-bomb and Utøya-shooting.
Labour Party Youth Federation announced they will not give up the fight for the organization. - We shall return to Utøya, says Labour Youth League leader.
Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg (Labor) called shooting the Labour Youth League summer camp at Utøya a national tragedy. Later on Saturday he leaves for Sundvollen to meet the survivors and their families.
Anders Behring Breivik (32) is charged with both the Oslo-bomb and Utøya-shooting. He is charged under Penal Code section 147a of terrorist acts.
84 people are confirmed dead after the shooting tragedy at Utøya, police said. Death toll after the explosion in Oslo is seven.
Police reports that at least 80 people were killed in Utøya youth camp
Arrested 32-year-old called himself nationalist
The assailants identity is revealed. The 32 year old Norwegian named Anders Behring Breivik is according to TV2 a part of right-extremist group in eastern Norway. He had two registered weapons, one automatic gun and a pistol of the type Glock. He started an agriculture company in 2009 and had hence access to artificial fertilizers which can be used
15 patients with gunshot wounds from Utøya and 10 injured after explosion in Oslo are officially receiving treatment at Ullevål hospital.
The police had the latest press review at 23:30 and did not report any updates.But Professor Tore Bjørgo from Police High School told that the pattern of the attacks is not very typical Al kaide or extremist groups and based on the physical evidences, he thinks it maybe a right extremist group.
The police suspect that this is not terrorist act, but a local variant aimed at the existing political system.
According to Norwegian sources, the attacker in Utøya is a blonde, 1.85 cm tall man.
20-30 people are said be killed in the youth camp attack, according to the witnesses.
A person is arrested for shooting at the Labour Party´s summer camp in Utøya, reports NRK.
Police claims the attack was against Energy and Oil Department
Four people were shot at the governing party Labour´s Youth League summer camp at Utøya, according to a County Secretary´s witness.
there have been 7 causalities in the government building and 4 people died in the youth camp in Utøya attacked by the police disguised person. One person was arrested about the armed attack against the youth camp but htere is no official verification. Police announced the attack in Utøya is linked to the bombing incidents in Oslo.
It is reported that there is a panic on the summer camp of the Labour Party´s Youth Camp in Utøya. Many people were shot. At least four people were shot and killed. The deaths in Utøya has not been confirmed from other sources. The police is approaching the island. The attacker introduced himself as police when he was transported to the island.
Police confirmed that Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg is safe. Jens Stoltenberg himself says to state television NRK that Norway is in a very serious situation.
Oslo Airport Gardermoen is guarded with armed police at this moment and check all the cars driving in and out to the airport.
The airspace is still open, but Avinor is considering to close it.
Police force manager confirms that the explosion in the government building in Oslo on Friday afternoon was a bomb.
The police also ask that the public limits the use of mobile phones.
Jens Stoltenberg is not among the injured after the explosion in the government quarter.
Much of the city center is evacuated, and police urge the public not to stay in Oslo.
NTB local trains at Aker Brygge in Oslo is evacuated after the explosion in the government quarter.
1 person was reported to killed by the explosion
Police urge journalist to leave the city center and to avoid large gatherings. So we are having difficulties to keep you updated.
Director Thor Langli said that the police do not suspect more bombs. People from the police bomb group scans now the government quarter.
A powerful explosion has hit the government building in Oslo. The windows are blown out in a number of floors.