09.09.2010 - Sogn
Norway's Tallest Trees Found
Norway's two tallest trees were found in Sogn and Fjordane, their heights are 47.2 and 47 meters.
Photo: Bernt-Havard Oyen, Skog og landskap | Thurs fight noble firs is the highest trees. Soon the 50 meters high. Giant Abies is a rare plant species in Norway.
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- ESA Investigates Norwegian Banks for Possible Competition Rules Violation
- Siv Jensen Promises a Far Tougher FRP against Immigration for the Next Election in Norway
- Equality and Integration Minister of Norway Makes Headlines for Her Integration Advice
- New Forecasts: Only 3550 Asylum Seekers to Norway in 2016
- 7 Year Old Sol Met Norway Prime Minister for Syrian Children
Highest in the West
Norwegian Forest and Landscape has recently completed the measurements of several trees which are more than 45 meters in the fjord regions in western Norway and found the tallest trees.
The five largest trees in Norway
1.Giant Abies , Øygardslia , Sogn og Fjordane.
Height: 47.2 m (measured in autumn 2010). Age 72 years.
2.Giant Abies , Øygardslia , Sogn og c.
Height: 47.0 m (measured in autumn 2010). Age 72 years.
3.Sitka spruce , Tippetue , Bergen, Hordaland.
Height: 46.0 m (measured in autumn 2008). Age 113 years .
4.Common spruce, Bergsvik , Masfjorden , Hordaland.
Height: 46.0 m (measured in autumn 2008). Age Approx. 135 years.
5.Common spruce, Bergsvik , Masfjorden , Hordaland.
Height: 45.5 m (measured in autumn 2008). Age Approx. 135 years.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: