09.09.2010 - Sogn
Norway's Tallest Trees Found
Norway's two tallest trees were found in Sogn and Fjordane, their heights are 47.2 and 47 meters.
Photo: Bernt-Havard Oyen, Skog og landskap | Thurs fight noble firs is the highest trees. Soon the 50 meters high. Giant Abies is a rare plant species in Norway.
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- 15 000 People in Norway Quit Church Membership in Four Days
- Selling Fresh Premium Mountain Air from Norway to China on eBay
- It is forbidden to die in this town in Norway
- Norway’s Labor and Centre Party Want Ban on Niqab at Schools and Foreign Funds to Mosques
- The Lion Woman (Løvekvinnen): The Biggest Norwegian Film Production After Max Manus and Kon-Tiki
Highest in the West
Norwegian Forest and Landscape has recently completed the measurements of several trees which are more than 45 meters in the fjord regions in western Norway and found the tallest trees.
The five largest trees in Norway
1.Giant Abies , Øygardslia , Sogn og Fjordane.
Height: 47.2 m (measured in autumn 2010). Age 72 years.
2.Giant Abies , Øygardslia , Sogn og c.
Height: 47.0 m (measured in autumn 2010). Age 72 years.
3.Sitka spruce , Tippetue , Bergen, Hordaland.
Height: 46.0 m (measured in autumn 2008). Age 113 years .
4.Common spruce, Bergsvik , Masfjorden , Hordaland.
Height: 46.0 m (measured in autumn 2008). Age Approx. 135 years.
5.Common spruce, Bergsvik , Masfjorden , Hordaland.
Height: 45.5 m (measured in autumn 2008). Age Approx. 135 years.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: