09.09.2010 - Sogn
Norway's Tallest Trees Found
Norway's two tallest trees were found in Sogn and Fjordane, their heights are 47.2 and 47 meters.
Photo: Bernt-Havard Oyen, Skog og landskap | Thurs fight noble firs is the highest trees. Soon the 50 meters high. Giant Abies is a rare plant species in Norway.
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Tops the Global Happiness Rankings for 2017
- Norway Ranks As #10 For International Students, 2nd For Life and Career
- Norway’s Prison in The Netherlands Is In The Spotlight
- Foreign Minister of Norway Praised the Netherlands Standing against Populism
- Romeo and Juliet Takes a Modern Twist at Det Norske Teatret
Highest in the West
Norwegian Forest and Landscape has recently completed the measurements of several trees which are more than 45 meters in the fjord regions in western Norway and found the tallest trees.
The five largest trees in Norway
1.Giant Abies , Øygardslia , Sogn og Fjordane.
Height: 47.2 m (measured in autumn 2010). Age 72 years.
2.Giant Abies , Øygardslia , Sogn og c.
Height: 47.0 m (measured in autumn 2010). Age 72 years.
3.Sitka spruce , Tippetue , Bergen, Hordaland.
Height: 46.0 m (measured in autumn 2008). Age 113 years .
4.Common spruce, Bergsvik , Masfjorden , Hordaland.
Height: 46.0 m (measured in autumn 2008). Age Approx. 135 years.
5.Common spruce, Bergsvik , Masfjorden , Hordaland.
Height: 45.5 m (measured in autumn 2008). Age Approx. 135 years.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: