09.09.2010 - Sogn
Norway's Tallest Trees Found
Norway's two tallest trees were found in Sogn and Fjordane, their heights are 47.2 and 47 meters.
Photo: Bernt-Havard Oyen, Skog og landskap | Thurs fight noble firs is the highest trees. Soon the 50 meters high. Giant Abies is a rare plant species in Norway.
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Norway Police Keeps Security Level High, Uncertainty Continues
- Norway Foreign Minister: We Must Stand for Freedom of Expression, Tolerance and Fight against Extremism
- Norway is Safest Place to Keep Your Money
- Norway Police Warn People against Terror Rumors on Social Media
- Norway Prime Minister Calls Norwegians not to Let Fear Take Them
Highest in the West
Norwegian Forest and Landscape has recently completed the measurements of several trees which are more than 45 meters in the fjord regions in western Norway and found the tallest trees.
The five largest trees in Norway
1.Giant Abies , Øygardslia , Sogn og Fjordane.
Height: 47.2 m (measured in autumn 2010). Age 72 years.
2.Giant Abies , Øygardslia , Sogn og c.
Height: 47.0 m (measured in autumn 2010). Age 72 years.
3.Sitka spruce , Tippetue , Bergen, Hordaland.
Height: 46.0 m (measured in autumn 2008). Age 113 years .
4.Common spruce, Bergsvik , Masfjorden , Hordaland.
Height: 46.0 m (measured in autumn 2008). Age Approx. 135 years.
5.Common spruce, Bergsvik , Masfjorden , Hordaland.
Height: 45.5 m (measured in autumn 2008). Age Approx. 135 years.
blog comments powered by Disqus