Bieber Concert Changes School Schedule in Norway
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- Danish Intelligence Chief: Norway Police Handling Terror Threat Makes Terrorist Win
- Cycling in Norway: A Real Adventure
- Norway Police Requires Passports or ID Cards for Even Norwegian and Schengen Area Citizens
- Norway Police Keeps Security Level High, Uncertainty Continues
- Norway Foreign Minister: We Must Stand for Freedom of Expression, Tolerance and Fight against Extremism
According to TV2’s report, the student council in Ålesund High School received a proposal from Bieber fans to change the date of the mid-term exam in April, when Justin Bieber will have a concert in Oslo.
Acting student council leader Frederick Røyseth said they experienced a similar case when Bieber was in Norway last May. He said that many skipped the school for the mini concert. They applied to the school management and the management decided to move the exam to another date. Also five secondary schools in Ålesund have moved Norwegian mocking due to Bieber’s Oslo visit.
The school estimates that 40 to 50 students, mostly girls, are going to go to the Bieber concert in Oslo. Teachers and management are powerless against all the leave applications and next year the school council will tighten the school leave applications and work to raise awareness of students and parents.