Norway Gives 60 Million for Climate-friendly Technology
Keep Updated with the Latest News and Feeds, Follow Us on Facebook
- McDonald’s is Sued in Norway for Selling Cheap Burger
- Nobel Peace Price is Awarded to the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet
- Norway Gets NOK 218 billion in net revenue from the petroleum industry
- "The true artist is sincere and dangerous". The Theatre of Cruelty’s Lars Øyno talks about the premiere play "Lament"
- Norway’s Telenor Sells Its Shares in Vimpelcom after Corruption Accusations in Uzbekistan
The center is supported by Norway through the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) with 60 million NOK grant.
- Access to climate-friendly technologies in developing countries is essential to meet the climate challenges we face. This is an area where public-private cooperation is key to success, says Foreign Minister Børge Brende.
Foreign Minister Børge Brende and head of the UN Environment Programme, Achim Steiner, attended the announcement of the partnership between DNV and CTCN. Norway has helped to make cooperation possible and will support the Centre in the period of 2013-2015 with 60 million.
The partnership between DNV and GL UNEP will focus on knowledge management, capacity building and private sector engagement in climate-friendly technology.
- As strong knowledge organization in technology and environment, DNV and GL UNEP complement each other and contribute from their own standpoint in collaboration on this new climate technology center, says Brende.
CTCN was established in 2010 by the Parties to the UNFCCC. Headquartered in Copenhagen. The center aims to stimulate technology cooperation and increase development and access to climate-friendly technologies. The center will provide academic support, increased access to technology and knowledge to engage technology cooperation between relevant actors.
|1 USD||8.08792||8.19131||-1.28 %|
|1 EUR||9.1895||9.2185||-0.32 %|
|1 GBP||12.4065||12.5149||-0.87 %|
|100 DKK||123.185||123.554||-0.3 %|
|100 SEK||99.1498||99.348||-0.2 %|
|1 CNY||1.27466||1.28917||-1.14 %|
|1 JPY||0.06725||0.06833||-1.61 %|
|1 TRY||2.78698||2.79247||-0.2 %|
|1 INR||0.12481||0.12583||-0.82 %|
|1 BRL||2.15711||2.1156||1.92 %|
|1 RUB||0.13248||0.13107||1.06 %|